Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year: 2016!

I hope that everyone has enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Season!  We were blessed to have some of our extended family with us and Loved creating some fun memories.

It is that time of year again where I feel compelled to take a closer look at my past year and set some fresh goals for the year ahead! I had someone tell me the other day that their goal for the year was to not make any goals! But I love to do it I have a thing with lists!!
My biggest struggle is to keep it to a minimum so I am not completely overwhelmed and crash and burn!! And yes, I may crash and burn anyway, but I still think that writing down a couple of hopes for the new year is better than not.

So I have created a binder... divided into 4 quarters- January to March, April to June, July to September and  October to December. Each section has a song I want to learn on the piano, a sewing project or two that I would like to accomplish and a couple of knitting or croqueting patterns to create.  I have also started a photo challenge- check it out in the tab above under Photo Challenge: a photo a day! (This way I will be on here daily and maybe just maybe I will find myself compelled to add a few more posts!)



I printed off some patterns and ideas that I have been wanting to create and I found a great website for music downloads...
http://www.music-for-music-teachers.com/beginner-piano-music.html


As for my health, I am hoping for a bit more balance! Just like this wonderful gift that I received in the mail from a dear friend!  (Don't you love packages in the mail??!!)

A great reminder that there should be balance in all things!! So I am eating my so yummy macadamia nut chocolates while I read about eating and living healthy!
This is a great Book!!!
Thank you SARAH!!

Okay I also have a stack of books that I am hoping to get through this year as well! Hmm...

Only 21... did I mention I am also in a book club...

So maybe I am setting myself up to fail, if failing is measured by not getting it ALL done...
But maybe success should be measured by just starting and getting any amount of it accomplished!
If I don't start with a plan then I may not start at all! 
I do love this time of year! I do love new beginnings and the hope that it brings.
I am excited to increase my learning and to start creating a bit more. Here's to a fun filled 2016!

I hope you have a goal or two for your new year... I know I do!!






No comments: