Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Wall Down Memory Lane!

We have just returned from a trip to Saskatchewan where we didn't have an Internet connection. So I am going to enter a couple of day that I wrote about!

Tuesday, July 9th:  I love to travel!  I love to see new places, enjoy new adventures and meet new people.  Yet there is always something beautiful and joyful about running into the familiar. 
We are in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan camping at the Shell Campground, where the mosquito's are crazy but the surroundings were just what I need! 
Today, after being stuck in the trailer for two days with my sweet children, I decided I NEEDED to get out for a bit, so I jumped on my bike...alone! As I rode down the dirt road, that was more sand then gravel, I was over come with a case of nostalgia.  The smells of the wild flowers, the sandy soil, the sound of the wind through the evergreens.  Even the angle and feel of the sun put me right back to being a six year old peddling my bike down the roads in Northern Ontario.  It was a beautiful thing!
I guess in some ways I am always trying to get back to my roots, figure out where I came from and why I am who I am.  I have to say I loved being 6 and what a surprise it was to be right back there.
Sometimes the best destinations are those that take us back to a time we loved rather then a place!
I hope you have a chance to take a peaceful walk down memory lane!  I quite enjoyed it!

No comments: