Monday, March 15, 2010

The Travellin' Mom

When I was a little girl my Mom and I would jump on a Greyhound and head down the open road to my Aunt's house. I loved this time with my Mom. It was just me and her and what felt like all the time in the world. She would pack us fun treats, and we would look out the window at the world passing by, find pictures in the clouds over head and tell stories and visit.
I am sure my Mom has different memories of these trips, but I loved them. Maybe that is where I got my passion for travel.
Now I am the mom. I love to pile everyone into the van and go on grand adventures! Whether it is a day trip to the beach or farmer's Market, or a trip across three provinces it is all good.
My children, Jasper-13, Lily-11 and Tommy-9 have grown up this far with their adventure backpacks at the ready. We have made some great memories driving down the road.
We are now on one of our Grandest adventures yet. In the middle of February we loaded all of our belongings into the back of a U-haul, left all of our friends and family and begain a 5 day trip across Canada from Alberta to our new home in New Brunswick!

My hope with this blog is two fold. One to keep our loved ones in our lives and to record our experiences in this beautiful part of Canada. And two, is to report on our travel and experiences from a wheelchair point of view. You see Tommy does all of his exploring from the comfort of his chair. We are always on the look out for wheelchair access and places where we can include all of our family in the fun. Tommy is not one to be left behind. Infact I'm not totally convinced that he thinks there is anything different about him and I'm not going to be the one to tell him!

So if you would like to share in our adventure please feel free to jump on board make yourself comfortable and come along for the ride.

No comments: