Monday, July 28, 2014

I am Still Here!

Wow! Nine months is a long time to be away from a blog!
It's been a crazy time. We have become foster parents!! And although I can't share specifics I can say WOW!!! We are caring for 3 little ones three years and under!! I love it and yet it is the hardest thing I have yet to do.  I am exhausted and our house is CRAZY!!  Over night...actually it was within an hour we doubled our family!  Boy do I feel OLD! I have been asked many times if they are my GRANDCHILDREN!  (Yes, I am looking into a new skin care program!!) I am discovering that having children in your twenties is a little different then having them in your... umm 30's, okay late thirties. But I am NOT 40 yet!!
It can make it trickier but it does have some benefits too.
For instance, I think that my "big" kids got the fun, crazy, adventurous mom!  We would climb to the roof late at night to watch meteor showers and they each had an "Adventure backpack" full of treats, bug jars, binoculars and everything else you might need to explore this great world around us!  But the little ones have a calmer, more self confident mom.  I don't worry so much about what the neighbours think of my parenting, I don't second guess everything I do.  I don't stress the little stuff either. 
~You made a huge mess with your chocolate pudding all over the table?  Well, messy play builds brains don't you know??!!~
I am hoping I will be able to find the energy for balance, to add some of the adventurous mom back into the mix. I do kind of miss her! But wow, I miss my SLEEP too! Starting my day anywhere between 5:30 and 7:00 is a bit new for me and my teens still want to be out until curfew, yes I said UNTIL CURFEW... don't they know how hard it is for me to stay up to see them home?? My dear daughter came home the other night and had a whole conversation with me about her night out.  I don't remember it at all. :( Poor girl, she had a good LAUGH though in the morning when I asked her why she didn't check in before going to bed!!


Speaking of  laughing, have you had the chance to watch the movie Mom's Night Out?  It is a MUST see!!  I went with a couple of my girl friends to see it.  We have never laughed so hard.  It was hysterical! Then near the end, I wondered if I was going to be able to stop crying before they turned the lights back on. It was so right on it was amazing.  In fact I may have to get in touch with the writers and ask them for my cut in the profits for using my words!!! ;) There is a point where the mom asks her husband what he dreamt of being when he grew up.  Then she says something like... I dreamt of this, right down to the mini van! I have had that exact conversation with my dear husband.  I highly recommend taking the time to see it!  I want to buy a bunch copies and send them to every mom I know!  It was that good.  The Trailers on Youtube!


Sorry I digress, I guess what I am saying is this, I am back if for no other reason then to try to keep myself sane.  Writing seems to do that for me.  I am also so grateful for all of the sweet people in my life especially the little ones that I have been praying to have in my life for so long.  I love the cuddles and snuggles, the giggles and the hugs.  I even love the screaming and the crazy.  I wish I was better at it and had more patience.  This job of Motherhood is HARD!!! But oh so worth it!  So, I will keep on keeping on.  Trying to find the JOY in it all.  Hoping I can give them as much as they are give tome. 
I hope you have a joyful day, I hope to!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing!! That's it...that's all I want to say. <3 ps I am looking forward to seeing "Mom's Night Out" :)

The Travellin' mom said...

Thank you Aura-Lee! I don't know about amazing though... most days I wonder if I'm not just CRAZY!!! But I am lovin' it!! Please let me know what you think of the movie!!